Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Issac Humphrey, Staff Writer

Public Display of Affection (PDA) is commonly known to be inappropriate to show at school. PDA includes hugging, kissing, holding hands, and touching each other in play. Most teachers dislike it and  students don’t pay attention. It does not even have to involve affection, as long as it is touching, it still counts as PDA.

One of Bijou’s Teachers, Victoria Reid, says, “It makes me feel uncomfortable.  It should not be used in school or even in public outside of school.” She stated that the best places to show PDA would be “at home or in a dark movie theater where you will not make any one uncomfortable.”

There are several things that influence young people to participate in displays of affection. Reid thought one influence would be the movies. “I show movies in class that may have PDA in them, but they are informational movies or films about how PDA is an inappropriate thing,” states Reid.

Displays of affection are private interactions.  It is best for people to display affection privately.  It is an unwritten rule.  It shouldn’t be shown in a public place.  Simple hugging and holding hands is appropriate, but kissing and excessive touching is a more private action.

In public places it is important for teens to refrain from public displays of affection. In order to get teens to stop and cooperate, posters with information about why it is important not to show PDA in school can be used to convince them.  The main goal is to cut back on PDA and increase focus on school. Another way could be an announcement every morning when school starts and after lunch.  It could give the message to respect one another and keep your hands to yourself.  Overall any PDA shown in school should be abolished.

1 Comment

One Response to “Public Display of Affection (PDA)”

1. ananthiM on February 6th, 2018 12:24 am

public display affection can like of generally comfortable with hand holding, quick kisses, and subtle hands on thighs, waist, legs and kisses.The way people choose to express their affection for each other in public is fascinating to me. It’s completely different than physical affection in private, because with PDA, you’re walking a fine line between social norms and personal intimacy.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Showcase

2018 Bijou Graduation Ceremony

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Showcase

Recycling Initiative at Bijou

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Career Pathways

FCCLA Competition

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Schools

Teens, Phones, and Focus

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Showcase

Juniors Graduating Early

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Showcase

Library Maker Space

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

News

End Of Year Barbecue: What You Need To Know

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Opinion & Editorial

Should Roy J. Wasson Academic Campus Schools Start Later?

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

News

Students Join National Walk Out

• Public Display of Affection (PDA)

Showcase

Parker Earns Full Ride Scholarship

Public Display of Affection (PDA)