Library Maker Space

In the Roy J. Wasson Academic Campus Media Center, a table known as the Maker Space has been reserved for students to come in and create.  Several projects are available like clocks made out of old CDs and vinyl records and friendship bracelets.  Duct tape is available to make a duct-tape-rose or feather earrings made with duct tape.  Pages for coloring are also available to assist students when they are stressed, have a free period, or need to calm down.

The Library Staff have put together a book of ideas and instructions for students to use from creative ideas the staff have found.  The reason they are doing this  is to produce a peaceful and creative space for the students to relax and calm their minds.  The Library staff surveys students to find out what kinds of projects would be most supportive of student success.  They encourage the use of recycled materials, to enhance Campus efforts of sustainability.

Graphing paper has been provided to make pixel art or any character a student can imagination. The choices are limitless.

Students may create from the materials provided from a cabinet of supplies.  The Librarians love making crafty items out of recycled materials. They thought this project would bring balance for students at the Campus to the stress experienced by students.

Students at the Campus come from many schools in Colorado Springs.  Many have not experienced success in other high schools and need assistance in developing good habits of study and balance to successfully complete their high school diploma.  The Library Staff listens carefully to students to encourage their success and healthy balance.

Michael Baughman, Staff Writer

Michael listens to music, especially David Bowie, Rock, and Korn. He can watch Anime for 12 hours straight.  After a day at school, near Halloween, he...

Allyssa Longest, Staff Writer

Allyssa is an anime and music enthusiast.  She spends her spare time playing the tenor saxophone. She has a 'can-do' attitude.  Her love of books drives...