Year End BBQ Acknowledges 2016-2017 Successes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students acknowledged for achievement at the Bijou BBQ.

Skylar Owens-Hailey, Staff Writer

The Bijou Leadership class planned an end of the year pool party on May 19, 2017 from 1:15-2:45.  This celebration occurs at the end of every school year for all students earning all their credits in each school year. The party served barbeque cooked by the Leadership students and staff assistants.

Collin Matthys takes time at the grill.

The Leadership Team announces the Paper Plate Awards.

Students created Paper Plate Awards to acknowledge teachers and other students for  things that helped them be successful this school year.  Some very creative Awards were presented.  Many were filled with gratitude for support, help, and assistance given over the course of the school year.

Several sports were played by small groups of students.  These included basketball, football, volleyball, and ping pong.

The teacher and Adviser for the leadership class, Rob Hanson said, “We have the BBQ at the end of the year to reward students and teachers who have earned this priviledge.   These events build relationships between students and staff for the whole school. We want this celebration to end the year on a good note.”

Principal Kathryn Presnal and Dean Victoria Reid enjoy the BBQ.

Students enjoy this affirmation of their  efforts toward building skills and success.

Alex Goalder, Dayja Parker, Michael Geesey, Andrew Cole, and Connor Horine enjoy the Bijou BBQ