Spirit Week

Gracye Exline, Dayja Parker, and Andrew Cole dress in red and black plaid for Twin Day.

Lauryn Seber

Lauryn Seber

The Bijou School had Spirit Week from March 13th to March 17th.  They had several fun events planned throughout the week.

Pajama Day allowed students and staff to dress in full body pajamas, pajama pants, or slippers. Friends compared special character designs on their pajamas.

Teacher, Marci Thompson, Rosealma Romero, and Zallianna Pacheo-Johnson pose with pjs.

Another day was Twin Tuesday.  Students and staff had the opportunity to dress similar to each other.

Some siblings looked the same either identically or in character sets.

On Wednesday the 15th, Bijou wanted to declare a day for the school called Bijou pride day. A day where staff and students can wear purple (the Bijou school color) and the school leadership team will also make an attempt to wear school shirts.

Lauryn Seber
Dayja Parker and Autumn McCoy compare character PJs.

When Thursday came by, The Bijou School was filled with nerds because it will be Nerd Day. Students will be wearing thick glasses and suspenders to fit society’s idea of a nerd.

The last day of the week, Friday, was St Patrick’s Day. This was going to be the party day, the day that the Bijou school will have 5 activities that will be going on for the last 45 minutes of class. These activities included a scavenger hunt, guess the leprechaun, movie board games and Wearing of the green.

The activities will be held in the Bijou hallway, in different classes.

Dayja Parker
Lauryn Seber, Mallery Seber, and Savannah Arellano use tye-dye to match as triplets.

At the end of the scavenger hunt there will be a “leprechaun” to give students who find all and take pictures of the clue, a treasure.

This spirit week is planned by the Bijou’s Leadership team in hopes that it will give students the opportunity to have a fun time and enjoy being at school.