Veteran’s Day!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Veteran’s Day!

Lauryn Seber and Joseph Wright, Staff Writer and Photographer

Veterans Day is an official holiday in the United States that honors people who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, also known as veterans (vets). It is a federal holiday that is celebrated on November 11.

SG1L1905SG1L1909SG1L1910

It also has other names such as Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, which are celebrated in other parts of the world and also mark the anniversary of the end of World War I. End of World War I officially ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect.

IMG_0297SG1L1915SG1L1907

The RJWAC had their own series of events to help remember the U.S. Vets. On November 11, the entire campus, all teachers and all students, went to the large gymnasium at 8:15 am and participated in raising the flag , the singing of “The Star Spangled Banner”, and the Pledge of Allegiance. At  9:00 am Veterans from several wars spoke about their experiences both in the military and after they returned to civilian life in classrooms around the Campus.

SG1L1917SG1L1911

SG1L1924

Thanks to all the Veterans who visited the Campus on Veteran’s Day.  Thanks to all Veterans who have served the United States.

Honor Guard- Eric Testorff Stan Hamomoto Marty Robinson Don Shuck Veterans and Active Duty- Robert Atkinson Mitchell Barone Marshall Bosworth Dustin Buttery Tina Daley Paul Darrow John Fouts Andrew Gilbert Spencer Holland Leroy Jenson Duane Knutson Robert MacDonald William Mager Richard Merritt Russ Miller Grady Mitchell Steven Peterson Robert Roper Dr. Gregg Smith James Tacket Sergeant First Class Henry W. Marris Sergeant Brett Roberts Mitchell James Barone RJWAC staff Veterans- Roseanne Daley Dave Peterson Dan Mahnke Matt Kortrey Tony Acosta Barry Lempert Ron Sommers Ray Sommer Luisito Paguyo Matt Lucero Dave Kohler Laura K. Van Der Pol Jack Roberts Jerry Whittier Christopher Varano Armando Tapia